Monday 9 December 2013

Christmas decor

A lovely friend of mine suggested that I blog about my Christmas tree, so here it is!

This is my Christmas tree this year:

Tastefully decorated don't you think? There are a few reasons that I'm not putting up a real tree this year. 

1. With everything that has happened these past few months, I'm really not in the mood, I truely wish I could be for the kids but my heart is just not into it :'( it was something we ALWAYS did together as a family.

2. Due to all the work going on in the house, there seems lots of mess, clutter & dust everywhere & I don't want to add to it.

3. We are going away for Christmas & are not here all Christmas week & when we get back I know that the tree would just drive me insane! We are going to some barns with all our close friends so we can all  be together when it is going to be hugely tough for us all. There will be 22 of us including children, it gives me a little smile to think of as it would have been Matts idea of hell, he liked his own space!

So we have instead a lovely decorated tree that the two little ones made me in the childminders. They go to her every Wednesday due to funding obtained by my health visitor. It's not forever, they have given me funding until the end of January but it has just given me a little bit of time for me & also to manage to get everyone's Christmas presents in secret. Last week I went to Chester with one of my best friends & finished off the last few bits.

This Wednesday I am booked to have a 4 hour tattoo, eeek! Will write about that after......

My mum arrived last night, she is here for the week & it will be fab to spend some time with her. My family live 300 miles away & I miss them like crazy. It's also nice to have some adult company in the house, the evenings can be lonely on my own & I usually end up in bed by 9, so rock & roll that I am!

I'm gonna leave updating now as it is 4.50am & I could really do with the beauty sleep ;-) xx



2 comments:

  1. I think that tree's just perfect! Their Daddy would have been very proud of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget you are still a family, just smaller than you were. xxxx

    ReplyDelete